Welcome! If you are interested in seeing what I'm up to in between blog posts, head on over to my Instagram page where I regularly load photos of what I'm working on. You can also find me on Flickr and of course feel free to wander around the blog. Thank you kindly for taking the time to visit!

2.28.2014

garden lattice

Just a quick post to share my latest quilt finish.  
The pattern is Garden Lattice by Cindy Lammon and can be found in her book Simply Modern Christmas
The fabric is Briar Rose by Heather Ross. 
The pattern is easy and quick to piece and I think it is one that lets the fabric shine!
I chose to use scraps for the back and a coordinating solid.
Quilting is the same as the quilt in the book, a simple crosshatch which I love.

It was a challenge to photography this quilt as I only had a few hours from when I finished it to when it went to its new home.  These were the best pictures I could get on a windy, dreary, snow covered day.  Winter has been winter this year in the Midwest; I am definitely looking forward to some warmer days!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow- I really love this and the purple on the back is stunning.

Melissa Miller said...

Looooooooooooooooooooooooove it! :)

Gina said...

Cindy's patterns in Simply Modern Christmas can be transformed to reflect any time of year which is exactly what you've done! Briar Rose a perfect choice to remind us that winter will not be here forever. So very pretty!

Kristy said...

It's so lovely MC. And I agree with Gina, Cindy's pattern is perfect year-round. You did a great job of capturing that.

Wendy said...

oh that's lovely! I have that pattern pinned and always admire it. Love the fabric you chose