Welcome! If you are interested in seeing what I'm up to in between blog posts, head on over to my Instagram page where I regularly load photos of what I'm working on. You can also find me on Flickr and of course feel free to wander around the blog. Thank you kindly for taking the time to visit!

7.01.2011

composition caddy tutorial

Earlier this week I showed you my first try at a composition caddy and said a tutorial was coming.  Since I already had it written and just needed to add pictures it went pretty fast and I'm happy that I can share it with you today!


Version 2.0 was made with a Michael Miller Tammis Keefe print, a Lizzy House 1001 Peeps, and a Moda Sweetwater newsprint.


The tutorial is for those standard size composition books we all know and love.  I wanted to be sure to tell you about a great Primary Journal version for kids by Mead.  It has a space for a picture at the top and lines for writing at the bottom; great for that budding author/artist in the house!


ETA: I replaced the really huge file with a smaller one!


I'd love to know if you make one, and of course give me a shout if you find 
anything wrong or have questions!

10 comments:

Jackie Russell said...

Love the croc fabric! Thanks for the tutorial I have it printed out no promises you will see a completed one but you never know it is a three day weekend.

Jackie Russell said...

I finished one over the weekend! It is posted on my blog

small + friendly said...

Super cool! This would make a great gift, thanks so much for the tutorial!

Sawdust and Paperscraps said...

My daughter has a thing for "Kits" and notebooks. She would love this.

Anonymous said...

I love the bags! Your mom made me a reversable one for with a christmas design a couple of years ago. I use them for everything including diapers etc.

Linda said...

Hi I Really Like your great tutorials!!!

I Link to you on my Blog,

http://paneamoreecreativita.it/blog/2011/07/raccolta-di-progetti-di-cucito-creativo-per-lestate

Thanks for sharing :-)

Krista S. said...

I made one of these for my daughter and she LOVES IT!!! Great tutorial! Thinking about making a patchwork one for myself, minus the handles :)
Here is the one I made:

http://thehandmadehomemaker.blogspot.com/2011/08/color-queen.html

Tami said...

So cute!

I’d love it if you shared this with the Fun Family Crafts audience.
FFC is similar to Craftgawker but it only features kid friendly tutorials.

Looking forward to seeing what fun crafts you submit!
http://funfamilycrafts.com

Jen T said...

Thank you for sharing this tutorial! It was so easy to follow, I didn't make one mistake!

Anonymous said...

Your tutorial was great! I made one of these in an afternoon, the instructions and pictures were spot on! Thank you so much for sharing!